VML Closes Offices – Opens Hearts – for Worldwide Foundation Day
In celebration of its 14th annual Worldwide Foundation Day, VML will close all 33 offices across the globe on Thursday, September 27 to give more than 3,000 employees the opportunity to support their local communities through volunteer work.
This year's theme for VML's charitable outreach efforts is "Making a greater impact together," highlighting the collective impact of all offices rolling up their sleeves to give back in meaningful ways all on the same day.
"Giving back is a unique thread that unites the agency's global network in a charitable, collaborative and fulfilling way," said Jon Cook, VML Global CEO. "VMLers take pride in planning every aspect of Foundation Day - working directly with charitable partners in every community where VML operates. It's easily one of my favorite days of the year."
"VML's ongoing commitment to charitable service -- which manifests itself in volunteerism, pro bono work and community leadership positions -- is present in all our VML offices around the globe," said John Mulvihill, executive director of the VML Foundation. "The immersive, all-in, giving back approach has always been part of VML and it's never been stronger."
Earlier this year, the VML Foundation, created in 2005 as an employee-funded and employee-led 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, surpassed $2 million in giving to charitable organizations. More than 60 percent of U.S.-based VML employees contribute to the VML Foundation through payroll deduction.
This year, VML employees will donate their time and talents to over four dozen nonprofit and community organizations, including:
- VML Kansas City - Bridging the Gap, Children's Mercy Hospital, Cultivate KC, Don Bosco Center, HALO Foundation, Happy Bottoms, Harvesters Food Bank, Heartstrings Community Foundation, Heart to Heart International, Junior Achievement, KC Pet Project, Nourish Kitchen, Rose Brooks, TEDxKC Women, Union Hill Cemetery,Veteran's Community Project, Young Women on the Move
- VML Atlanta - Campbellton Community Garden, Urban Gardening with The Atlanta Community Food Bank, Books for Africa
- VML Chicago - Special Spaces room renovation for children facing life threatening diseases, Chicago All Stars, Lakeview Pantry, Lincoln Park Conservatory, Working Bikes, Cradles for Crayons, Surfrider Foundation
- VML Cincinnati - Matthew Ministries
- VML Dallas - National Breast Cancer Support Center hope kit packaging, supporting services for under-privileged children, and working with the local animal shelter
- VML Detriot - Gleaners Community Food Bank
- VML Kalamazoo - Taste of Heaven, Habitat for Humanity, Ministry with Community, First Day Shoe Fund, Loaves & Fishes
- VML Memphis - Memphis Animal Services
- VML Minneapolis - Coldwater Spring Habitat Restoration Crew
- VML Nashville - Nashville Metro Animal Control and Book'em
- VML New York - KING City Kids outdoor murals for a school in the inner city
- VML Rogers - Hobbs State Park beautification, Rogers Animal Shelter and school book fairs in the community
- VML West (Seattle & San Francisco) - Lifelong, Farmer Frog, Earth Corps
- VML Bogota - Fundacion Ayuda por Colombia working with kids in iRescue, Fundacion La Manuelita painting walls, helping with the garden and orchard, and spending time with the elderly people
- VML Brazil - Partnering with pro bono client, the District Attorney Office of Sao Paulo for a new city-wide campaign
- VML China (Beijing & Shanghei) - Gorilla marketing project: SAY NO TO PLASTIC BAGS
- VML London - Living Under One Sun community center beautification projects
- VML Mexico - Working on the community of Xochimilco at Mexico City - building a house for a family who lost their own from last year's earthquake
- VML South Africa (Cape Town & Johannesburg) - Upgrade a School, Bettersa.org, TomRo Haven, 365 Ubuntu, and Xchange Connexion
- VML Poland (Warsaw & Krakow) - Lonely Whale's "Say No to Plastic Straws" environmental campaign and "Web-Smart" workshops with kids
- VML Indonesia - Spending the day with kids at the Yayasan Sinar Pelangi Orphanage, organizing games and activities
- VML Malaysia - Working with the Malaysia Nature Society to clean up a beach and dispose of plastic waste
- VML Mumbai - Partnering with the NGO GreenYatra for their 'Adopt a School initiative.
- VML Delhi - Spending the day with children at a local school for the blind, participating in reading stories and raising money for a playground
- VML Singapore - Humanitarian Organization for Migrant Economics and Save Our Street Dogs
- VML Sydney - Ronald McDonald, YMCA youth support projects, Anglicare Retirement Home Car, and food packing at the local food bank
Follow VML's Foundation Day activities: https://www.juicer.io/wearevml with the hashtag #wearevml.
VML is a global marketing agency that transforms brands through a connected consumer experience. Through every touch point we create, story we tell and relationship we build, we strive to inspire meaningful connections. Our clients include Bayer Animal Health, Bridgestone, Colgate-Palmolive, Electrolux/Frigidaire, Ford, Microsoft, NAPA AUTO PARTS, New Balance, PepsiCo, Sherwin-Williams Consumer Brands Group, Sprint, Tyson and Wendy's.
Founded in 1992 and headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri, VML joined the world's largest communications services group, WPP, in 2001. We have more than 3,000 employees with principal offices in 33 locations across six continents, and are proud to have been included on Ad Age's Agency A-List in 2016, 2017, and 2018.
Visit www.vml.com for more information.