VML’s Pride Grows With 27 Lions
Global marketing agency VML had its best Cannes performance with 27 Lions, including two Gold, 13 Silver, 12 Bronze and 26 shortlist recognitions across 16 categories. View VML's winning work at https://vmlcannes2017pr.vmlconnect.com/.
The journey to winning the Lions this year began with VML's first Lion just five years ago. VML has experienced rapid growth in recognition, hitting its pinnacle this year, as the agency more than doubled its wins from 2016, achieving a record 27 Lions.
The 64th annual Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, held June 17-24, is the world's largest and most prestigious awards show and festival for the advertising industry.
"I am very pleased to see the wins spanning our global network and many of our client partners," said Debbi Vandeven, VML global chief creative officer. "This recognition exemplifies our focus on finding human truths and creating ideas that connect with consumers. We strive to create work that pushes boundaries and makes a valuable impact for our brand partners."
North American clients recognized include LEGOLAND Florida Resort, Motorola Mobility, Tennessee Department of Tourist Development, Wendy's and Youth Ambassadors.
Gold Lions across the VML Network include:
Youth Ambassadors Welcome to My Neighborhood by VML Kansas City
- Gold Design - Promotional Item Design
Absolut One Source Campaign by VML Cape Town
- Gold Entertainment - Talent: Film, Series & Audio
"A true win for the ultimate collaboration and celebration of African creativity on a global stage," said Melanie Campbell, head of marketing, White Spirits & Rum, Pernod Ricard South Africa. "I have no doubt this is only the beginning of the movement driven by the only brand that credibly could."
VML Cape Town also received two Silver and three Bronze Lions, while VML Australia received two Silver and two Bronze Lions.
Across North America, VML was recognized with 17 Lions, including:
LEGOLAND Florida: Quest to Legoland by VML New York
- Silver Mobile - App Games
- Silver Entertainment - Brand Experience / Mobile
- Silver Entertainment - Innovation in Brand Experience
- Bronze Mobile - Activation by Location
- Bronze Digital Craft - Native & Built-in Feature Integration
Motorola Mobility: Drop Sales by VML New York
- Bronze Promo & Activation - Durable Consumer Goods
Wendy's: #NuggsForCarter by VML Kansas City
- Silver Cyber - Community Building / Management
- Silver PR- Public Relations Social Influencer Communication & Amplification
- Silver PR - Public Relations Social Community Building / Management
- Bronze PR - Media Relations
"Consumer engagement means everything to the Wendy's business," said Kurt Kane, Wendy's chief concept and marketing officer. "Without it, growth simply can't happen. That's why the creativity consistently demonstrated by our team at VML is such a game changer."
Wendy's: Twitter Beef by VML Kansas City
- Silver PR - Public Relations Real-time Response
- Bronze Cyber - Real-time Response
Youth Ambassadors: Welcome to My Neighborhood by VML Kansas City
- Gold Design - Promotional Item Design
- Silver Design - Illustration / Other Communication Design
- Silver Print & Publishing - Books
- Bronze Health & Wellness - Pro-bono led Education & Awareness
- Bronze PR - Illustration
"VML has given invaluable visual representation to the challenges facing underserved teenagers in Kansas City's urban core," said Tiffany Poor Lynch, co-founder and director of development, Youth Ambassadors. "This creative work has allowed Youth Ambassadors to greatly expand programming and reach many more youth. We treasure our partnership with VML!"
VML is a contemporary marketing agency that moves brands forward by inspiring a human connection. VML's clients include Bridgestone, Colgate-Palmolive, Electrolux/Frigidaire, Ford, the Kellogg Company, Kimberly-Clark, New Balance, PepsiCo, Sprint and Wendy's.
Founded in 1992 and headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri, VML joined the world's largest communications services group, WPP, in 2001. VML has more than 2,700 employees with principal offices in 29 locations across six continents.